The Medicare Summary Notice has a new look to help you better understand your Medicare information. We’re excited to announce that you will soon start to see the award-winning, redesigned Medicare Summary Notice (MSN) hitting your mailboxes. The new design puts clear language in an easy-to-follow format, so that your Medicare information is easier to understand.
As part of our “Your Medicare Information: Clearer, Simpler, At Your Fingertips” initiative, we listened to you and made the MSN better with:
- An easy-to-understand snapshot that puts the information you care about most (like deductible status, a list of provider visits, and claim status) in one convenient place.
- A dedicated section that tells you how to spot potential fraud.
- Clearer language, descriptions and definitions.
- Larger type that makes the MSN easier to read.
- Preventive services information to help you stay healthy.
- A clearer description of the appeal process to follow if you disagree with a claim.
If you have Original Medicare, you can expect this new design for the MSN to arrive in your mailbox throughout the next few months. Or, better yet, go to MyMedicare.gov, where you can check your Medicare claims information online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.